Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this , then click done editing:

Done Editing

Cashiers House

Add to plan Remove from plan

This 3-story townhouse was designed by William Kelly in 1837 and constructed by Erie masons William and James Hoskinson. The house was built as an inducement for Peter Benson, who had been selected to come to Erie and serve as the bank’s chief executive officer (cashier). Although the bank closed in 1841, the Benson family lived in the home until 1843. Since that time, the Cashier’s House has been a boarding house, bank, school for young girls, residence and print shop.

  • Tours
Processing